Sign-up to receive our newsletter:
Webster's is a community gathering spot located in downtown State College, with a cafe focused on European-style coffee beverages (we only use organic, FT coffee/espresso) and a general used bookstore, vintage vinyl shop and event space. We make most of our cafe food items in-house, specialize in vegan, gluten-free & local, but have options for everyone, including meat-eaters. Our Sunday brunch menu features local farm-fresh eggs, local bacon or sausage and pancakes bigger than a hardcover edition of Gone with the Wind.
Our events calendar is constantly being updated, so check back and click on the tab above to see the many events focused around art, theatre, poetry, literature and live music, including these regular events:
- Wide Open Mic: every 1st Thursday 6pm
- Gallery Reception & literary events: First Fridays of each month
- Every Tuesday: Argentine Tango 7pm
- Every Wednesday at noonish: Homegrown Tunes & Lunch w/ Nate Cutshall
- Every Sunday: BRUNCH with live music from noon- 2pm, special brunch menu
- POETRY: Words @ Webster's 7pm. Featured poet followed by Poetry Open Mic, usually 3rd Thursday
- LGBTQA Coffee House: OPEN MIC 7pm: Every last Friday
Stop by and say "hello" to our friendly staff. Elaine is the owner (she's usually working every day) so introduce yourself if you're new or from out-of-town. We'd love to see you!